Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Letter to Editor of OC Register

Because my wife said I was always writing critical stuff, she suggested that I send a letter to the Editor of the OC Register, our local paper, about how I felt about voting today, so I sent this:

Dear Editor:
A short time ago today, I voted in Mission Viejo. There was a very short line and all of the polling place volunteers were cheerful and helpful. The voting machines had a circular wheel, like a kid's toy, and produced a paper copy that you could check. Two of the machines were down, but it didn't affect anybody. All of this made it easy to vote and I felt proud to live here in Orange County in California; but the crowning touch was that, in preparation for what might be an overflow of voters, the City split the precincts and set up a new location in a second church near where we had previously voted. I'm proud to be an American and a Californian because of all this.
Very truly yours...

It was nice to open the paper this morning and find that the OCRegister printed this today 11/05/08.

No comments:

Post a Comment